Friday, October 23, 2009

The Chattahoochee: Way down yonder on it

Yesterday I took the kayak down to the river and did some fishing. I haven't been down there since the flooding. The water was still muddy, but the bacteria levels were supposedly "safe" so I thought I'd try. I did catch a few fish so that was nice. What sucked is that the shores were all covered in debris and trash. I don't think they'll ever clean it up.

Here's my GPS track, I went 9.3 miles in 4 hours and 24 minutes. That's longer than I usually go out, but I'm on vacation! That doesn't beat the epic 11 hour, 31 miler down the 'hooch I did with my dad a couple years ago though. You can see the track on Google Maps here.. The river (or lake actually) is a lot higher now than it was in the satellite picture on the map. I can assure you I wasn't paddling on the ground.



Here's a small bass I caught. I got 2 bass and 3 bluegill (I think they're called bream down here). This bass was the only one worth taking a picture of.



This is a cliff.



Here is a stromboli I made last night. I used pre-made pizza dough from Publix (5 grain Italian!). I still have some dough left so I might make a pizza tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment